PERFORMS: Improving your breast cancer detection skills
How good are you at detecting early signs of breast cancer? Improve your performance by subscribing to PERFORMS.
Breast cancer is a rare disease at screening and can be very difficult to identify. PERFORMS® addresses this problem by twice a year presenting you with sets of known difficult screening cases with immediate feedback, followed by detailed and confidential statistical performance analyses.
- Examine sets of challenging FFDM screening cases selected by a panel of expert radiologists
- A range of difficult normal, benign and malignant appearances
- Work at your own pace, stop and start whenever you like
- Take part in your own facility, using your own mammographic workstation
- Immediate performance feedback and review
- Compare performance to peers, locally, nationally and internationally
If you were to screen 5,000 a year then it is estimated that taking part in the PERFORMS scheme you would experience several years’ worth of challenging cases in just a few hours of effort. Also you can compare how you perform to the anonymous data of hundreds of radiologists examining these test sets.
- PERFORMS is the leading mammographic educational self-assessment scheme
- Developed by renowned international scientists and the UK’s Breast Screening Programme
- Scientifically based on how mammograms are examined and how disease is perceived, detected and identified
- Successfully used annually by all UK breast screening professionals for over 25 years – now available internationally
Every year the PERFORMS scheme amasses difficult and challenging recent screening cases from across the UK. These are then vetted by an expert radiological panel to derive the selected PERFORMS test sets of cases. Only difficult normal, benign and malignant cases are used. All normal cases have had a three year follow up normal screening outcome. Benign and malignant cases are biopsy proven.